WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the hard drive or in the browser of the computer, tablet, smartphone or equivalent device with navigation functions through the Internet and help, among others: customize SMALL SIZE services on the web, facilitate browsing and usability through it, obtain aggregate information from web visitors, enable the reproduction and viewing of multimedia content on the website, allow elements of interaction between the user and the web itself, enable security tools , etc.
DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS COOKIES POLICY
- Web Usability: can be defined as the experience that a user has when browsing, using and interacting with a web page
- Aggregate information: non-nominal information, typically numerical and for the purpose of providing statistical information
- Terminal equipment: computer (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) of the user browsing the Internet
- Editor: responsible or owner of the website
- Third: external entity, collaborator, provider of services or related to the editor, intervening in the management of some cookies
- Responsible for the cookie: the editor, responsible party, owner of the website or even the third party in some cases
- Navigation habits: trends that the user shows when browsing through a web page, such as time spent visiting the page, visiting parties, most frequent sections, origin of the visit, destination of the visit, among others.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES EXIST?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- According to the period of time that remain activated in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies: are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: they are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE COOKIES?
Blocking or deactivating all cookies helps protect privacy, but may also limit the experience on some websites, as well as limiting functionality or even not allowing the correct navigation or use of some of their services. If you want to know how to disable cookies in the most popular web browsers, access the following tutorials:
If you have any questions or doubts about this Cookies Policy, you can contact us through email@example.com